26 July 2012

Making Some Changes Around Here

It has been far too long since my last update, but big things are happening, so I thought I'd post a bit of an update.

First, for those who haven't noticed, I've made some changes to Boffins and Cold Warriors this week. I added a Twitter panel, and you should all follow me there, because that's what I update the most frequently (I cross-post to Google+ and Facebook as well). I also created some new pages that you can access through the top tabs. There is an about this blog page that used to be in a side column - I moved it so that the blog itself had more width and you'd have to scroll less. There are also about me and resume/cv pages. Formerly these were on a different site, but updating two sites is much harder than updating one, so the other site redirects here.

Second, and the exciting reason behind all these changes to my online presence, is that I defended on 26 June and submitted my minor corrections and completed paperwork on 12 July (summer is not a good time to get signatures on official completion paperwork). I received my tuition refund for July and August today, so I'm living the unemployed high life. My committee gave me some clear directions on what minor changes and additions I need to make to my thesis to turn it into a manuscript, and they think there is a good chance that it will be published.

Conducting the research required to make the revisions to my thesis is one half of what I'm up to these days. The other is contemplating my future (a nice change of pace from all this thinking about the past), i.e. looking for my next exciting endeavour. I have some ideas, which I will share in the coming weeks and months.

Thank you all for your support and encouragement throughout the process of completing my PhD, and also for being kind to me for my lackadaisical posting patterns here at Boffins and Cold Warriors. I can't promise that I will be less sporadic about posting here, your best bet for timely updates is to follow me on Twitter.

No comments:

Post a Comment